The UK government have announced new visa rules in the wake of outrageous net migration figures.
According to the new Home Secretary James Cleverly, the new measures will restrict entry to approximately 300,000 fewer individuals.
Below are the major changes/rules effective Spring, 2024:
- Care workers will no longer be allowed to come to the UK with dependants
- The immigration health surcharge will rise by 66% – from £624 to £1,035.”
- Graduate visa route to be reviewed to prevent abuse. The right for international students to bring in dependants will be removed unless they are on Postgraduate courses which is designated as research programs.
- The minimum salary needed to get a Skilled worker visa to the UK is increasing from £26,000 to £38,700. Health and social care visa holders will be exempted from the higher salary threshold, but overseas care workers won’t be allowed to bring dependants.
- Shortage Occupation list to be reformed, with a reduced number of occupations.